At The Stitch Festival

Photo of Donna, Sarah and Ashley at the Stitch Festival
Donna, Sarah & Ashley at Stitch Fest!

We had a fab time in the Stitch Festival at the Business Design Centre, London. Donna and I arrived early around 11am shortly after opening, and had a good look around. We found the amazing Sarah Saunders and Eleanor Jamieson and had a good laugh.

Check out Sarah's awesome colourful makes on Instagram, she is a constant inspiration to myself and many others: https://www.instagram.com/sarah_sewciopath/

There were plenty of fabric suppliers, all different sorts from the beautiful Rose & Hubble, Liberty, and a bubble corduroy by Higgs & Higgs which was a first for me. There were also some gorgeous African wax fabrics by Dovetailed London, and many more.


We visited Tilly and the Buttons stall and I managed to get my hands on the latest exclusive Mable Pattern, I didn't get to meet Tilly so this was a real bonus! I stocked up on needles and bought an expandable sewing gauge and some Liberty fabric. The other patterns I bought were The Carrie Skirt Pattern by Vanessa Hansen Studio and The Shirt to Stockbridge Top Pattern by Greyfriars and Grace.


There were some lovely garment designs by GCSE students from King's Ely School, with their textile design work wonderfully on display. Using different materials and textures in these sleeveless designs has certainly given me some inspiration for future makes.


Of course we had to check out the latest machines from Brother, Babylock, Juki and more. I'm thinking about upgrading my current setup so it was good to see all the options available. I'm leaning towards Juki as they look and feel more industrial and capable of keeping up with daily use!


The masked singer costume towered over stalls at the design centre, I just had to get a photo with it, I don't really watch the show but might now it has a crafty angle. Worn by Claire Richard from Steps on the Masked Singer.


Check out the Stitch Festival website:
https://www.thestitchfestival.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

(*I may earn a small commission from links featured in this post.)

Popular Posts